The PROMISLingua project's objectives are the translation, localisation and rollout of the existing PROMIS online service in additional five languages, in order to deliver a cost-efficient and easy-to-use Internet based service enabling SMEs to comply with Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Regulations. In the framework of PROMISLingua (Grant Agreement No 270913), herewith we announce the forthcoming course
Business Communication and Management of Intercultural Differences
April 17, 2013
Lecturer: Aleksandar S. Jovanovic
In the times of ever increasing globalization, cultural differences and multilingual issues play an important role in the area of business communication which can easily fail on apparently banal issues. This could be of particular importance also in collaborative international projects. A cognitive approach toward cultural and national differences will be used throughout the training.
The purpose of this course is exactly to assure that engineers, managers and IT experts can understand the importance of these aspects for the success of their collaboration with partners from other cultural background. It will address issues such as
- Intercultural value systems
- Differences in cultural practices
- Cross-cultural project management
- Individualism vs. Teamwork
- Successful management of cultural differences as a factor of success in international projects
- What one should know, do or not do in an EU project
- Case studies: US, Japan, India, China ...
The course is designed for individuals and Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises interested in the topic. The contents of the course address the following topics:
One of the objectives of the course is to promote the results of PROMISLingua project among SMEs, as the multilingual and multicultural aspects of the course are aligned with the overall goal of the project. This goal is the translation, localisation and implementation of the existing PROMIS® online service in an additional six languages and markets.
This course will focus on interaction with attendees and require their active
participation. In particular, the course will cover the successful management of cultural differences as factor of
success in risk engineering, risk management, IT and other projects. Working in an international atmosphere, essentials of multilingual business communication, elements of business ethics
and Human Resources Management as applicable in collaboration with foreign firms.
The course targets attendees such as:
- Managers of IT and other companies
- Project managers
Please note, the course is designed for at most 25 participants. The applications will be selected on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Registration fees for participants are:
- €500, for any interested individual and organization (not SME)
- Free of charge, for PROMISLingua members and for SMEs (promotional purposes)
- Free of charge, for students enrolled in the “European Master of Risk Engineering & Management” and of University Stuttgart
Get more info and register for the course now:
10% discount for registrations received before March 27, 2013
Registration deadline: April 17, 2013
Stuttgart Institute of Management and Technology (SIMT)
Filderhauptstraße 142, 70599 Stuttgart (Plieningen),
The course takes place in conjunction with
Steinbeis Engineering Day 2013
Related courses of interest:
- November 17 - 18, 2012, Beijing, China, II-R04a RBI-PETRO Risk Based Inspection - Petro
- January 14 - 17, 2013, Paris, France, IIIA-R06 HSSE Health, Safety, Security and Environment
- April 22 - 26, 2013, Stuttgart, Germany, VF-R39 DAA Decision Aid Approaches for Risk Management